Forums

TopicHow to Make a Marketing Video for YouTube

• Mon 12th Oct 2020 - 5:57am

If you've searched for almost anything online in recent years, chances are that you'll have come across at least one video marketing whatever it was you searched for. And something should have triggered in your mind along the lines of "why don't I do that?" The good news is that you can - just follow these instructions!

Decide on a video format

I don't mean the technical file format stuff.

I mean what style of video do you want to produce?

Most of mine are known as screencasts. I record the screen and talk. That way I don't have to show my face (that's my modern version of stage fright) and effectively you can also look over my shoulder if I demonstrate something.

Other people switch on their webcam and record that.

And other people enlist the help of a cameraman to hold their phone or real video camera to make the video.

Or you could create a slideshow - something you can actually do on the YouTube upload page - and use that.

Your choice.

Decide on your video content

This often goes hand in hand with the format of the video.

If you need to demonstrate something - maybe glueing a cork to an old CD before you attach a balloon to make a hovercraft - then a demo is a good way to go and you're probably best using a video.

But whatever it is that you are marketing, it pays to have an idea of what you're going to include in your video.

A professional movie maker would create a storyboard but that's probably overkill for a simple YouTube marketing video.

Instead, jot down the things you want to cover and refer to your list as needed when you make the video. Remembering to press pause as necessary - it's not very professional consulting your script whilst the video is being recorded and in my experience it's a lot easier to press pause than it is to reliably edit the final video.

Start shooting

Most marketing videos on YouTube are short - they'e measured in minutes and seconds, not hours and minutes.

That means that most of them are recorded straight through in one take. Maybe with the occasional behind the scenes pressing of the pause button.

Render the video

This is the boring bit where your software turns the video from one format to another.

Don't ask me why PCs can't just record in MP4 format and have done with it - I've no idea.

So you'll almost certainly need to endure the video being turned into an upload-ready format. Fortunately you can do other things on your computer whilst that's happening.

Upload the video

Click the relevant button on YouTube and let the magic of the internet do the hard work.

Whilst the upload is taking place - and maybe whilst YouTube is turning your video into yet another format - you can tap away at the video title and the description.

Remember to include a link to your website in the description.

And if you've associated your YouTube channel with your website you can also add a clickable link (or more) over your video. These are handled in the section called Annotations and there are plenty of YouTube videos that will show you the ins and outs of getting YouTube to play ball and allow you to do this.

Congratulations!

If you've followed all these steps, you've created and published a marketing video on YouTube.

• Mon 12th Oct 2020 - 3:31pm

Most portable players like iPod, iPhone, PSP, PS3, Archos, iRiver PMP, Creative Zen and Apple TV (720P HD) support mp4 format, but they can not support AVI format. In order to convert MP4 to AVI, the quick way is to use a converter program. So find out how it's done with the rest of this article. this website

Please register or login to post forum replies